DiStefano Architecture, your house design architect firm.
You are one call away from realizing your new house design. Let us help you turn your vision into reality.
We help you design and build your custom home and turn your vision into reality. Whether you see it in magazines, on the web, or it is merely a picture in your mind, we turn your ideas into a real design. We produce all the drawings and details needed to make the design real. We take care of everything. The result is that you will soon have your new house keys in hand and you will have the guarantee that an architect looked after all the details. Call us right now. You will appreciate the DiStefano Architecture difference.
We are located in Kelowna with field operations in Calgary and often meet with clients in Vancouver. It would be our pleasure to meet with you to understand your project vision.
Important reading about floor plans, house plans and architects
There are a few great reasons to seek architect floor plans and house plans.
The first is inspiration! You see images, evaluate blueprints, and start imagining your perfect use of space. Taking the time to collect ideas means you are meticulous and will likely succeed with the entire project. It's a great way to build your vision, whether it be for your dream home or for your business.
The second reason is to find plans that are almost perfect. Why recreate an entire plan when you are satisfed with selecting from a library of existing plans. It may be that the 80/20 rule applies to you: You are comfortable with using stock plans that have 80% of what you need already drawn. Just remember, to really get the results that are truly unique, you will need to make changes. Whether it be an extra closet or adding that new European spa whirlpool bath accessory, you will need someone you can depend on to make changes. The other 20% of changes are mostly based on making changes for your location. You may have a slightly smaller or larger lot. The local building envelopes might force certain house plans to be re calibrated. You may also want to take advantage of elevations and positioning to, for example, add a window or a walk out basement. Obviously, your floor plans need to match your house plans. But sometimes your list of features need to be adapted to the overall blueprint. Again, working with an architect that will design exactly what you want and that takes the time to listen to you is important.
Our recommendation is to shop around for floor plans and house plans, but never buy stock plans. At the end of the day, it may cost you more than using an architect. Want the best solution? Find plans, pictures and blueprints and add them to your ideas folder and clearly mark what you like and what you don't like on them. Then, find an architect that you know you can trust. The right architect will tell you if you need his help or if you can just buy a stock plan. He or she may also clearly explain how much it will cost to alter the plans to finish the last 20% of the design. But just remember... build a relationship with a good architect BEFORE you purchase stock plans.
To view custom residential design examples from our portfolio, please select from the projects below:
We understand how to incorporate exclusive residential architecture features into your new home. We have the expertise to make these luxury features stand out:
- Executive Kitchens with the latest technology
- Multi-zone wine rooms or caves
- Custom interior flooring levels for theaters, luxury living areas, staircases, and handicap access
- Spa-like bathrooms and features
- Lakeside and lake-shore design ideas
- Media entertainment rooms
- Custom house residential elevators
- Superior interior and exterior materials selection from rare woods to metal roofs
- Landscaping that incorporates gardens, waterfalls, and lake or ocean-side living
- Outdoor fireplaces, rockworks, sculptures, specialty carpentry and facades
- Special uses for concrete including heated driveways
- Architecturally integrated saunas, hot tubs and pools
- Docs, marinas, drainage, and sea or water walls
- Multi-use heated garages
- Pet and equestrian focused facilities
- Integration of commercial-grade windows and other techonologies
Most people don't realize the importance of working with an architect. Here are the top 10 things you should consider as your prepare to build a dream home:
- Well crafted architectural design, for the inside and outside of your home, can add hundreds of thousands of dollars in value to your finished project.
- The ability to enjoy working with your architect is directly related to how happy you will be with the final product.
- Show homes seen in magazines all share something in common: The architectural design is integrated with the local environment.
- Working with the right architect is the best way to realize your vision and benefit from the knowledge of a professional.
- Working with an architect that knows local codes and building permit regulations is critical to meeting your project schedule.
- Having a good architect to overlook your project is the best way to guarantee a high level of attention to detail. Builders care about building. Architects care about details.
- If you are living in Vancouver, Calgary, or some other location, hiring a trusted architect that can be on your job site every day is a neccessity.
- Hiring an architect for your house development is not a necessary evil. It is an investment.
- Hiring an architect with residential and commercial experience allows you access to the complete range of building technologies.
- A good architect will only recommend builders and building options that will work for you and make your project a positive experience.
It would be our pleasure to sit down, relax, and understand what you are trying to acheive. We are here to help. Contacting us now is a great way to start your project!